The Arts and Humanities Council of Montgomery County in collaboration with Washington Area Lawyers for the Arts present: “Employment Law” Info Session (Understanding the New Maryland and Federal Employment Law), Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 7pm (EST), at Round House Theatre, 4545 East-West Highway, in Bethesda, MD.
This “Employment Law” info session is designed to cover the effects of the following on the Montgomery County nonprofit Arts and Humanities Sector:
1. Montgomery County’s new required Paid Sick and Safe Leave Law
2. Maryland’s new Pay Equity Law
3. Federal overtime law for exempt employees earning less than $47K
Other topics to include:
* Overview of general employment law best practices.
* Qualifications for exempt status
* Paying Interns
Facilitated by attorneys Michael Amster and Phil Zipin (Zipin, Amster, and Greenberg, LLC, www.zaglawfirm.com).
$5.00 for current WALA members, $20 general admission. Join WALA at www.waladc.com/membership to enjoy Free Admission to WALA “Basic” and “Creative Entrepreneur Series” Workshops.